To stimulate increased public usage of the library among all segments of our population, thus enriching the lives of the community of Port O’Connor, Texas and its visitors.
We are Friends of the Port O’Connor Library
Founded in 1988, our organization is dedicated to enhancing library facilities, services and resources. We also encourage donations, gifts, endowments and bequests to the Port O’Connor branch of the Calhoun County Public Library.
The Friends of the Port O’Connor Library, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit service organization.
Our activities include fundraising to support building and construction projects; collaboration with the local schools and community groups on special projects and events; securing materials that are beyond the ordinary budget of the library; recruiting volunteers to supplement paid staff for special events or programs at the library.
We welcome all who share our goals and vision to become a member.
Capital Campaign Brick Fundraiser
You can contribute to our effort and memorialize your participation by purchasing a special brick paver. A wonderful way to demonstrate your support!
A Facility that Encourages Learning & Literacy
- Areas to display history of the area, including the Cannon that was discovered in Pass Cavallo
- Collections of paper books, e-books, audio books and videos
- Large areas that easily transform into space for interactive learning for children and adults
- Space for group and individual learning opportunities
Continuing Education for the Adult Community
- Computer and iPad training and skills
- Presentation on topics ranging from bird watching and conservation to art lessons, hunting and fishing
- Genealogy research
A Computer Lab for Free Access to Information
- Apply for jobs and resume preparation
- Homework and project help
- Enable adults to investigate health and wellness needs
- Manage finances – Research government benefits and tax information
A Safe Place for Children of all Ages to Gain Knowledge in Order to Grow in Wisdom
- After school mentoring
- Summer reading programs
- Separate computer room for children
- Capital Campaign Goal: $750,000 80%
Bar represents % of total campaign goal raised to date.
Please Donate Today
Your tax deductible donation will help us realize the exceptional library facilitiy for our community.
“A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.”
– Henry Ward Beecher
Questions? Comments? Feel free to use the form below.